What is the difference between a course, a course packages, and a library?
Why do I want a library?
What are the available measurement units that eLearning training is offered?
How much do eLearning subscriptions cost?
How do I find the training I need?
What should I do if I forget my password?
How long does my subscription last?
Do I have to be an ASHRAE member to subscribe to eLearning training?
How do I receive an ASHRAE membership discount online?
How do I start or resume my ASHRAE eLearning training?
What are the technical requirements for my computer?
What if I have technical difficulties?
How am I assessed?
Can I retake the exam?
How do I review my transcript?
How do I claim PDHs?
How long to complete training?
What are the PDH requirements for my state?
Does the training include a book?
Is there a discount for groups?
- What is the difference between a course, a course packages, and a library?
A Course is the smallest element. It provides highly focused information on specialized topics. These informational building blocks enable subscribers to complete training one step at a time. Subscribers use courses to obtain specific knowledge or need a small number of PDHs to satisfy professional licensing requirements.
Course Packages are a collection of courses that address single topics. Because of their focus, courses help subscribers get only the information relevant to the course topic and avoid unrelated material. Subscribers have the option of following the recommended sequence for completing a course or developing a sequence of their own
Libraries are a collection of course packages.
There are currently 6 Libraries available.
1. Each 12 month subscription has a wide variety of topics.
2. Libraries provide the fastest possible access to training - great for times when you have to quickly learn about a topic.
3. Libraries offer a very low cost per course.
For more information, contact email@example.com.
- What are the available measurement units that eLearning training is offered?
Courses are available in inch-pound (I-P), metric (SI) or both (Dual) units.
- How much do eLearning subscriptions cost?
Course subscriptions are $50 (ASHRAE member: $42).
Course Package subscriptions prices range from $98 to $259 (ASHRAE member: $82 to $220).
Library subscriptions range from $142 to $850 (ASHRAE member: $120 to $625).
A full list of ASHRAE eLearning training, prices, and associated PDHs is included in the Offline Order Form and Training List.
- How do I find the training I need?
Training can be found by using the search field or the browse buttons for Individual Courses, Course Packages, or Library.
- What should I do if I forget my password?
If you have lost your password you can request that your password be sent to you by clicking on the “Forgot Password” button. Note: Be sure to check your spam folder, which often captures the automated reply.
ASHRAE members should contact Customer Service for password information.
- How long does my subscription last?
All subscriptions last for 12 months from the time of purchase. If you have not completed your training within that time, you must renew for another 12 month subscription.
- Do I have to be an ASHRAE member to subscribe to eLearning training?
The training is open to all, but there is a discounted price for ASHRAE members.
- How do I receive an ASHRAE membership discount online?
ASHRAE Members will be required to verify their email address and password that they have established when they joined ASHRAE. Once verified, you will see only Member Pricing for the training.
Login using your ASHRAE member email address and password to receive your ASHRAE membership discount.
- How do I start or resume my ASHRAE eLearning training?
Important: Please make sure that all pop-up blockers are disabled during your training, as these will interfere with the functioning of the course.
- After purchasing your ASHRAE eLearning training, you will see the following display:
Click on 'View Courses and Events, as shown below.
Click on the 'Current' folder. This shows the modules that you have not completed. The preceding circle's fullness indicating approximately how much has been done. An empty circle, for example, indicates a module that has not previously been started. 'Credit Hours' shows the PDHs associated with that module. The modules are sorted by course, then alphabetically. To start or restart a module, click on its title. The system will allow you to return to the point in the module where you previously stopped.The 'Expired' folder holds modules that are no longer current (outside the 12 month subscription). 'Status' indicates whether these are complete or incomplete.All training is made up of three key components:
- A reading assignment introducing and describing key concepts and knowledge. Provided online as part of the course, this reading material can be printed by the user if desired.
- A series of interactive exercises reinforcing the key points with exercises and questions. These help you apply the knowledge and provide instant feedback to aid understanding as you go along.
- An End of Module Exam, which tests, measures, and verifies your level of understanding. You must view every screen and satisfactorily complete all the End of Module Exams to complete the course.
- Training can be started using the recommended sequence in the Offline Order Form and Training List, or you can create your own training sequence.
- Click on the title of your training.
Library: An alphabetical list of all modules will appear for this eLibrary. It is suggested that you refer to the Offline Order Form and Training List for the recommended sequence.
Package: A list of courses will appear in alphabetical order.
Course: Only one course will appear, since this training focuses on a specialized topic.
- Click on Begin Course. This will start both the training and transcript functions.
- You may stop your training at any time and resume it later. Click on Resume Course. This will resume your training where you left off.
- What are the technical requirements for my computer?
- Flash v9.0 Player, (downloadable for free from www.adobe.com)
- Screen resolution: 1024 x 768 pixels for best results
- Recommended: Broadband connection with a speed of 512 Kb or greater
- What if I have technical difficulties?
If the problem involves grades and work progress, make sure your pop-up blocker is disabled. Pop-up blockers in your Internet browser can cause grades and work progress to not be reported correctly. Once the pop-up blocker has been disabled, retake any necessary exams. If this does not work, contact eLearning@ashrae.org
How to turn off the Pop-up Blocker:
In Internet Explorer, go to Tools > Pop-up blocker > Turn off pop-up blocker.
If you have Google or Yahoo Toolbars installed on your PC, these also have pop-up blockers that must be disabled while you access the training and take exams. Please refer to the Google or Yahoo instructions.
If you have Norton installed on your computer, there is an option that should be turned off while accessing the course. In Norton, go to Norton Internet Security > Options > Intrusion Prevention General Settings > Browser Vulnerability Protection > Turn on Browser Defender (this should be turned OFF).
Occasionally organizations have security systems that require ASHRAE eLearning be added to the list of trusted sites. Contact your IT department for more information.
How to close your training:
The training data associated with the module must be transmitted to the learning management system (LMS) in order for you to receive your
printed certificate. Failure to properly close the training will result in an
error and the data will not be sent to the LMS.
For general technical support, contact https://ashrae.org/education--certification/online-learning/ashrae-elearning---faqs?Token=243394fe-38b1-4012-b9fd-9e4a50478e05&LastVisitedCMSAdminPageUrl=https%3a%2f%2fwww.ashrae.org%2fadmin%2fLibraries%2fData%2fManagePages.aspx
After viewing every screen in the module, you take the online End of Module Exam. This is a multiple-choice test consisting of 10 to 15 questions. You must achieve a score of 70% or higher to pass and complete the module successfully. A tracking system monitors which modules you have completed. You also have access to a full transcript of the eLearning training you have taken.
You can retake the exam as often as you wish.
- How do I review my transcript?
The 'Completed' folder contains all modules you have completed, including the date and time when this occurred. Clicking on the 'Print Certificate' button will produce a certificate of completion for that particular module. The 'Start Date' and 'End Date' fields allow you to limit the modules displayed to ones completed during that date range. 'Submit' produces a report of these completed modules, and 'Export' allows you to export the information as a PDF file.
- How do I claim PDHs?
Your Certificate of Completion shows that you have earned the PDHs associated with your training. The 'Print Certificate' tab allows you to print the certificate for a completed course.
Note: If you would like a certificate for an individual module or encounter difficulties generating this certificate, please contact eLearning@ashrae.org.
- How long to complete training?
The time required will vary depending on the type of training and individual learning style. Courses provide up to 47 PDHs, or 47 hours to complete. Modules typically offering 1 to 3 PDHs should take 1 to 3 hours to complete.
- What are the PDH requirements for my state?
While ASHRAE eLearning courses are recognized for professional development by most states, it is important that you check with your specific State Board of Professional Engineers for your individual state PDH training requirements.
- Does the training include a book?
All required reading materials are provided online as part of the training and are included in the subscription. The material can be printed and contains all you need to complete the training.
If your training involves ASHRAE Standards, ASHRAE eLearning recommends that you purchase the related Standard. This can be purchased at www.ashrae.org/bookstore.
- Is there a discount for groups?
ASHRAE eLearning has training packages suitable for organizations of all sizes. As described in the Offline Order Form and Training List. , businesses purchasing identical subscriptions for 5 or more people are eligible for the following discounts:
5-9 Users: 10% off total price
10-19 users: 20% off total price
20-49 users: 30% off total price
Employers or educators interested in using eLearning training for groups should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.