Professional Development Seminar: Implementing Standard 189.1-2011 for High-Performance Green Buildings
Based on Standard 189.1-2011, Standard for the Design of High-Performance Green Buildings, this course provides the minimum requirements for the design, construction and plans for operation of high-performance green buildings, including new buildings and their systems, new portions of buildings and their systems, and new systems and equipment in existing buildings. The seminar presents the goals of establishing mandatory criteria in all topical areas, providing simple compliance options and the complement of green building rating programs for Standard 189.1.
Course Length: 6 hours
New eLearning Module Now Available: Standard 189.1 - Water, Sites and Materials
You already know the importance of Standard 189.1. This new ASHRAE eLearning module is a great tool for understanding three of the Standard's most crucial topics: Water, Sites and Materials.
Upon completion of this module, you will:
- The basis and requirements for determining allowable site locations
- How to achieve storm water mitigation
- The basis for defining the building internal water consumption and the criteria specified for compliance
- Minimum day lighting specifications and applications
- The requirements for low-emitting materials within the project
- Where water consumption measurement devices will be required and the data recorded
- The minimum specifications for recycled content, bio-based materials and regionally supplied materials for a building project
Be able to determine
- Where heat island mitigation techniques are required for roofs, hardscape and building walls, as well as the associated requirements for each
- The requirements for outdoor air flow monitoring devices
- When condensate collection systems for water reuse are required on air handling units.
Subscription Price: $95 ($75 for ASHRAE Members)
Subscription Length: 12 months
Units of Measurement: Dual