You will develop an understanding of the basics of air movement; the components of air distribution systems; considerations of human comfort; load and occupancy demand; duct system design; sound and vibration; and how codes and standards affect the design of air systems. After completing the course, you should know:
- The functions of the components of an air distribution system, including major equipment types and auxiliary components.
- The principles of air distribution as they relate to human comfort.
- The principal codes and standards affecting air system design.
- How to layout and size a simple duct system and calculate pressure losses in the system.
- Common methods for reducing airborne sounds in systems and
- How to start an air system and diagnose common problems associated with air system start-up.