You will develop an understanding of the basic concepts of hydronic system operation and design including piping systems, pipe materials and fittings, centrifugal pumps, terminal units, expansion tanks and water chillers. After completing the course, you should know:
- The components of closed and open hydronic systems.
- The basic concepts of piping system design.
- The different types of pipe used in hydronic systems.
- How centrifugal pumps operate.
- How to match pumps to systems.
- What variables are involved in terminal unit control.
- How to optimize water chiller operation.