Annual Application Deadline: December 1
Scholarships are awarded for the academic year following the application deadline beginning with the fall semester. Re-applications accepted from former scholarship applicants and recipients who meet the current criteria.
Applicants must have a cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of at least 3.0 on a scale where 4.0 is the highest and/or a class standing of no less than the top 30% and submit the following on or before the application deadline:
- Official transcript of college grades (College freshmen whose grades are not available by the application deadline must submit an official transcript of high school grades and verification of enrollment in a post-secondary educational institution). Transcript must be mailed. Photocopies will not be accepted.
- Three signed letters of recommendation as follows: one from an instructor or faculty advisor, one from a current or past employer, and one from another character reference (other than a family member). In the case of institutions with an ASHRAE student branch, a letter from the faculty advisor of that branch may be one of the three letters of recommendation.
ASHRAE David C. J. Peters Scholarship
A one-year $5,000 scholarship available annually to a qualified undergraduate mechanical engineering student enrolled full-time in a four or five year bachelor degree program at one of the institutions listed below. The scholarship was created by Southland Industries in honor of David Peters, a tireless advocate of recruiting quality and ASHRAE member.
- California State University (CSU) at
- San Diego
- Cal Poly San Luis Obispo
- Cal Maritime
- Long Beach
- Pennsylvania State University
- North Carolina State University
- Virginia Tech
- Clemson University
- University of Nebraska at
- University of Nevada at
- Oklahoma State University
- University of Texas at Austin
ASHRAE Donald E. Nichols Scholarship
A one-year $3,000 scholarship available annually to a qualified undergraduate engineering student enrolled full-time in an ABET-accredited program at Tennessee Technological University. This scholarship is named for a former ASHRAE vice president and graduate of Tennessee Technological University.
ASHRAE J. Richard Mehalick Scholarship
A one-year $3,000 scholarship available annually to a qualified undergraduate mechanical engineering student enrolled full-time at the University of Pittsburgh. This scholarship is named in memory of an ASHRAE member who oversaw development of the air conditioning equipment used in commercial, military, aerospace & transportation applications during his lifetime and was a graduate of the University of Pittsburgh.