- Penn State University has a “Trips Coordinator” for their student branch. This is a student member whose role is to find ways to organize and financially support any type of ASHRAE-related trip.
NEED TO RAISE MONEY FOR YOUR ASHRAE STUDENT BRANCH?
- Host a tailgating party at one of your school’s sporting events (charge for the food and maybe sell your logo items)
- Have cookouts and invite anyone in your department including professors and their families (charge for food)
- Host golf tournaments, bowling tournaments or any other sporting tournament of interest in your local area (charge for an entry fee and sell food at the event)
- Host a wine tasting and invite local employers in the engineering fields (charge admission)
- Print logo items annually you can sell to students, professors, friends and parents
Community Service Tips:
- Engineers Without Borders
- Habitat for Humanity
- Relay for Life
- Toys for Tots