The E.K. Campbell Award
This annual award is given to a current ASHRAE member in good standing who is associated with an institution of learning and teaches courses or conducts research in heating, ventilating, air-conditioning or refrigeration at the graduate and/or undergraduate level in an engineering or engineering technology program accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) or accredited engineering program in other countries that are signatories to the Washington Accord, The Sydney Accord and the Dublin Accord international agreements among bodies responsible for accrediting engineering programs.
The award, funded by contributions from individual members of the Life Members Club (LMC), consists of a plaque and an honorarium for $10,000. The plaque is presented during the Plenary Session of the ASHRAE Winter Conference and the honorarium is presented at the LMC Luncheon on the following Tuesday when the recipient is requested to make a presentation. Attendance at both events is mandatory.
Nomination Process & Deadlines
Nominations are made by the LMC Awards Subcommittee and approved by the Executive Committee of the Life Members Club and ultimately ASHRAE Board of Directions.
The time between first receipt by the LMC Awards Committee of a candidate's credentials and his or her possible nomination to the ASHRAE Honors & Awards Committee is typically two or more years.
The LMC Awards Committee will receive recommendations for nomination from individual ASHRAE members, including ASHRAE Chapter Student Activities Chairs where there are active ASHRAE Student Branches.
A recommendation letter indicating the achievements that make the nominee a particularly outstanding candidate should be submitted to the ASHRAE Staff LMC Liaison, Megan Hezlep, email@example.com.
Along with a letter of recommendation, the following support documentation should also be included:
- Letters from Department Heads or Deans and associates or colleagues familiar with the candidate's achievements and teaching. Three or more such letters are preferred.
- A copy of the candidate's up-to-date ASHRAE Biographical Form (please contact your local ASHRAE Chapter or ASHRAE staff if you need help with this form). This is the official ASHRAE Bio form. Resumes/CVs are not accepted in lieu of the Bio form.
- A list of the candidate's publications. This may be part of the ASHRAE Bio or expanded into a separate attachment.
- Other materials, as desired, which reinforce the candidate's stature as an outstanding Candidate for the E.K. Campbell Award.
- Special consideration is given in regard to:
Years of ASHRAE Membership & involvement on Chapter and Regional Positions
Years of involvement with the ASHRAE Student Branch
Other education activities (Solar decathlon, etc.).
ASHRAE research activities (service on TC's, SPC's, SSPC's, TG's, RAC, TAC, etc.).
Other research activities (publications, patents, etc.).
Deadline for submission is:
2016-17 Nominee: Mid-December. For the exact date, please contact the Staff Liaison below.
Questions? Please contact ASHRAE Staff LMC Liaison, Megan Hezlep, firstname.lastname@example.org