2015 YEA Award Recipients
Congratulations to the following YEA members
who have been selected as the 2015 YEA Award of Individual Excellence recipients! They will be presented with their award at the YEA Hospitality Suite at the 2015 ASHRAE Annual Conference in Atlanta.
Nate Boyd, Central Florida Chapter
John Constantinide, Spacecoast Chapter
Eric Sturm, La Crosse Area Chapter
||You’ve spent countless hours organizing YEA events for your ASHRAE chapter, ensuring the best possible happy hour/bowling/ping pong tournament that YEA members have ever seen.
||You’re known as “that YEA guy/gal” around the office because everyone knows that you are heavily involved in YEA, and if anyone doesn’t know about YEA they will after one conversation with you.
||You’ve considered altering your birth certificate to avoid turning 36.
If this sounds like you, it’s time to be recognized for your hard work and investment. The YEA Committee is excited to announce the first annual YEA Award of Individual Excellence. This award will be given to individuals who have promoted and participated in YEA at the chapter, regional and/or Society level and have made a profound difference in the involvement and number of YEA members.
The contributions of these members are critical to the success and survival of ASHRAE, and the committee would like to recognize these efforts at the Society level.
Nomination forms are available here, and nominations should be based on efforts during the 2013-2014 Society Year. All completed forms must be submitted to Rhiannon Masterson at email@example.com, by Friday, November 14, 2014.
Please note that nominations must be made by a:
- YEA Regional Coordinator (YRC)
- Society YEA Committee member, or
- Director and Regional Chair (DRC)
If you or a fellow YEA member meet the requirements of the award, please reach out to your region’s YRC or DRC and provide them with the necessary information to submit a nomination form. You can access the complete description of the YEA Award here.
In addition to being an active YEA member, requirements for the award are as follows:
- Serve ASHRAE by holding an assigned/designated position in ASHRAE, at minimum at the chapter level (Board of Governors, chapter officer, chapter chair position, regional officer, etc.) throughout the duration of ASHRAE Society Year
- Be in good standing (current) on ASHRAE membership dues
- Assisted in the planning/organization of at least two (2) YEA oriented activities during the ASHRAE Society Year
- Participated in a minimum of four (4) YEA oriented activities during the ASHRAE Society Year (includes joint functions with Student Activities and other professional organizations)
- Personally promoted YEA/The YEA Institute by educating membership on programs/resources available through YEA (in written or spoken verse)
- Contributed directly to the overall growth and development of the YEA program (innovative new ideas for chapter level activities, recruitment of new YEA membership, encouragement of YEA members to participate at greater level, development of YEA programs, publications regarding YEA, etc.)
For additional award information and questions, please contact Rhiannon Masterson at 678-539-1178 or firstname.lastname@example.org.