Contact: Jodi Scott
ASHRAE 2014 Winter
ATLANTA – With new versions of ASHRAE’s energy, indoor air quality and thermal comfort standards being published this year, users face new requirements.
Courses addressing the updates in those standards are featured at ASHRAE’s 2014 Winter Conference, Jan. 18-22, at the New York Hilton, New York, N.Y. The International Air-Conditioning, Heating, Refrigerating Expo®, held in conjunction with the Winter Conference, runs Jan. 21-23, www.ahrexpo.com. The Expo, held at the Javits Convention Center, takes place Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday as opposed to the traditional Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.
For complete Conference information and to register, visit www.ashrae.org/newyork.
Twenty-three Professional Development Seminars and Short Courses are being offered by the ASHRAE Learning Institute.
Of special interest are courses related to ANSI/ASHRAE Standard 62.1-2013, Ventilation for Acceptable Indoor Air Quality, and ANSI/ASHRAE/IES Standard 90.1-2013, Energy Standard for Buildings Except Low-Rise Residential Buildings, both of which were recently published, along with the soon-to-be-published Standard 55-2013, Thermal Environmental Conditions for Human Occupancy.
“Throughout the HVAC&R and building construction industries, ASHRAE is the source of knowledge for energy efficiency, indoor air quality and thermal comfort in the built environment,” Hugh McMillan, chair of the ASHRAE’s Professional Development Committee, said. “ASHRAE publishes standards that establish baselines used to measure performance of buildings in those areas. As our knowledge base evolves, our standards must also evolve to reset the baseline. So that our members and others can stay abreast of the latest developments in this knowledge base, we offer courses in the application of these standards that allow those who attend to apply the latest developments to the design and construction of their projects.”
More information about the courses can be found at www.ashrae.org/newyorkcourses.
Also in New York, ASHRAE launches its new Career Enhancement Curriculum. These curricula offer tracks of courses in Energy Savings (ES) Practices and IAQ Practices. More can be learned about this new program by visiting our website at www.ashrae.org/careerpath.
Saturday, Jan, 18, 2014
- NEW! Commercial Building Energy Audits, 8 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Healthcare Facilities: Best Practice Design and Applications, 8 a.m.-3 p.m.
- NEW! Electric Rates, Rules and Regulations, 12 p.m.-3 p.m.
Sunday, Jan. 19, 2014
- Air-to-Air Energy Recovery Applications: Best Practices, 2 p.m.-5 p.m.
- Laboratory Design: The Basics and Beyond, 2 p.m.-5 p.m.
- Mathematical Optimization Techniques and their Applications to HVAC&R Systems and Components, 2 p.m.-5 p.m.
Monday, Jan. 20, 2014
- Combined Heat and Power: Design through Operations, 8:30 a.m.-11:30 a.m.
- High-Performance Building Design: Applications and Future Trends, 8:30 a.m.-11:30 a.m.
- NEW! IAQ Best Practices for Design, Construction and Commissioning, 8:30 a.m.-11:30 a.m.
- Commissioning for High-Performance Buildings, 2:45 p.m.-5:45 p.m.
- NEW! Designing High-Performance Healthcare Facilities, 2:45 p.m.-5:45 p.m.
- NEW! Exceeding Standard 90.1-2013 to Meet LEED Requirements, 2:45 p.m.-5:45 p.m.
Tuesday, Jan. 21, 2014
- Energy Modeling Best Practices and Applications (Co-sponsored by IBPSA-USA and Rocky Mountain Institute), 9 a.m.- 4 p.m.
- NEW! Significant Changes to Standard 90.1-2010 and IECC 2012, 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
- NEW! Fundamentals and Applications of Standard 55, 1 p.m.-4 p.m.
- NEW! Design of Commercial Ground Source Heat Pumps, 1 p.m.-4 p.m.
- Data Center Energy Efficiency, 1 p.m.-4 p.m.
Wednesday, Jan. 22, 2014
- Effective Energy Management in New and Existing Buildings, 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
- NEW! Application of Standard 62.1-2013: Multiple Spaces Equations and Spreadsheets, 9 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Troubleshooting Humidity Control Problems, 1 p.m.-4 p.m.
Thursday, Jan. 23, 2014
- NEW! Complying with Standard 90.1-2013, 8 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Operations and Maintenance of High-Performance Buildings, 8 a.m.-3 p.m.
- NEW! Introduction to Building Enclosure Commissioning, (Co-sponsored by Building Enclosure Commissioning Collaborative), 8 a.m.-3 p.m.
ASHRAE, founded in 1894, is a building technology society with more than 50,000 members worldwide. The Society and its members focus on building systems, energy efficiency, indoor air quality, refrigeration and sustainability. Through research, standards writing, publishing, certification and continuing education, ASHRAE shapes tomorrow’s built environment today.