The explanatory material, detailed information, figures, and examples contained within this User's Manual are provided to aid the user in designing, installing, and operating buildings in accordance with Standard 62.1-2010. This Manual does not reproduce the requirements of the standard, but rather paraphrases and explains them.
Intended to be used in conjunction with the standard, this Manual:
- Offers information on the intent and application of Standard 62.1-2010;
- Explains the standard through the use of sample calculations and examples;
- Encourages the user to apply the principles of good indoor air quality and effective ventilation when designing buildings and building systems;
- Provides useful reference material to assist designers in efficiently completing a successful and compliant design;
- Gives guidance to building operation and maintenance personnel.
This Manual also instructs the user in the application of tools used for compliance with Standard 62.1-2010. In particular, three newly revised spreadsheets are distributed with this User's Manual that assist in the Ventilation Rate Procedure calculations.
This User's Manual is intended to be used by:
- Architects and engineers who must apply the standard to the design of their buildings;
- Those manufacturers of systems and components who choose to provide the industry with complying equipment;
- Plan examiners and field inspectors who will be charged with enforcing the standard in areas where it is adopted as code;
- General and specialty contractors who must construct buildings in compliance with the standard; and
- Operators and maintainers who must ensure the compliance of the building throughout its lifespan.
$75 (ASHRAE Member $ 64) / 2010 / 178 pages