• Return To Previous Screen
Duties of the Chair consist primarily of direction and operation of this Committee and reporting to Members Council as required. Specific duties include:
- Attendance at meetings of this Committee and assigned subcommittee meetings.
- Presiding over all meetings of this Committee and its Executive Subcommittee.
- Present, in coordination with the staff liaison, training for RVCs at the Society Annual and Winter Conferences.
- Review and coordinate approval of the Committee minutes, as prepared by the staff liaison, for all Committee meetings.
- Prepare the agendas for this Committee's meetings with the assistance of the staff liaison and Committee members.
- Preparing written reports, including MBO status, at Society Annual and Winter Conferences, and at other times as required.
- Annually appoint each member of this Committee to one or more standing subcommittees.
- Periodically review the expenditures and budget allocations and take any action deemed necessary, in cooperation with the staff liaison, to stay within the established budget.
- Appoint ad hoc committees, or working groups from the membership of this Committee, as necessary.
1st Vice Chair
Duties of the 1st Vice Chair include the following:
- In the absence of the Chair, the 1st Vice Chair shall assume the Chair role at any scheduled or called meeting of this Committee.
- In the event the Chair is unable to perform its duties, the 1st Vice Chair shall assume all the duties of the Chair until a successor is selected.
- Prepare recommended budgets for the operation of this Committee for the coming year, in consultation with this Committee's Executive Subcommittee, the staff liaison, and the BOD ex‐officio members, for consideration by this Committee.
- Perform other duties which may be assigned by the Chair.
- Oversee all liaison activities. Generate liaison report(s) for distribution to appropriate Society, ASHRAE Regional, and Chapter groups.
- As needed, coordinate review of the MOP and ROB and recommend changes via motions to the Committee
- Serve on this Committee's Executive Subcommittee
- Serve as Chair of the Active Outreach Subcommittee.
2nd Vice Chair
Duties of the 2nd Vice Chair include the following:
- Manage action item deadlines on behalf of the Chair.
- Administer the new Committee member mentoring program.
- Coordinate new RVC training at the Society's Annual Conference.
- Administer this Committee's Government Activities Awards Program.
- Serve on this Committee's Executive Subcommittee.
- Serve as Chair of the Responsive Engagement Subcommittee.
Duties of the Communications Coordinator shall include working with members and staff to:
- Manage and update relevant ASHRAE webpages and social media outlets.
- Produce newsletter and/or email updates on a quarterly basis, at a minimum.
- Manage distribution channels for grassroots government activity clearing house efforts to the membership.
- Solicit and publish Journal and Insights articles.
- Manage grassroots government activities training efforts.
Regional Vice Chair
The Regional Vice Chair for Grassroots Government Advocacy (RVC-GGAC) will be recommended by
each region to serve, and formally appointed by the Society President-elect, as a voting member of
the GGAC for a three- year period. This committee is responsible for all advocacy and issues that
relate to government entities including and beyond the scope of the U.S. federal government (i.e.,
U.S. state and local; provincial; and, relative to non-North American nations, national government
bodies) in areas of interest to ASHRAE members in order to better coordinate efforts and
understanding between ASHRAE grassroots members and local government.
Responsibilities of RVCs-GGAC include:
- Attend the regular meetings of this Committee at the Winter and Annual Conferences of the Society.;
- Assist chapters in planning, coordinating, and administering government activities.
- Identify resources for chapters to use in planning, coordinating and administering these activities.
- Attend his/her Chapter Regional Conferences (CRCs).
- Prepare and conduct Governmental Activities Workshop at CRCs.
- Prepare reports, as required by Society and this Committee's Chair.
a. Refer to Appendix C of this Committee's Resource Manual for a sample Standardized RVC Reporting Format and to this Committee's Resource Manual for an Annual Schedule of suggested activities for a Regional Vice Chair.
- Coordinate communication relative to government activities at Chapter and Regional levels.
- Administer this Committee's Awards Program within Region.
- Monitor PAOE for Chapter governmental activities within the Region.
- Solicit entries for each award from the Chapters.
- Forward qualified entries for Society consideration.
- Transfer all relevant Committee materials, information, standards, etc. to the successor RVC.
- Serve on subcommittees, prepare for and attend any special meetings, and perform other duties as directed by this Committee's Chair.
The candidates for the RVC-GGAC:
- Must hold Member grade of the Society for three years prior to the start of his/her term.
- Should have Chapter level TEGA, CTTC, or Government Activities experience.
- Should have been a past Chapter Programs, TEGA, or CTTC Chair.
- Must be ethical and have the experience and ability to make quality decisions for the Region and Chapters.
- Cannot be a current RVC or Regional Officer.
Chair of Technology Council
Duties of the Chair of Technology Council (TechC) include:
- Serve as the liaison between GGAC and TechC.
- Ensure that ASHRAE's standards and related technical activities are represented in public policy discussions and initiatives.
Chair of Members Council
Duties of the Chair of Members Council include:
- Serve as the liaison between GGAC and Members Council.
- Ensure that ASHRAE's grassroots activities are represented in public policy discussions and initiatives.
Chair of Publishing and Education Council (PubEd)
Duties of the Chair of PubEd Council include:
- Serve as the liaison between GGAC and PubEd Council.
- Ensure that ASHRAE's publications, training, certification, and related products are represented in public policy discussions and initiatives.
Ex Officio Members
Duties of the BOD Ex‐Officio members include:
- Serve this Committee in an advisory capacity and provide liaison with the BOD, Councils, and other committees.
- Provide support to this Committee as follows:
- Guidance in fiscal planning.
- Assistance in preparation of annual objectives.
- Monitoring of progress toward completion of annual objectives.
- Assistance in developing action plans to achieve Strategic Plan Objectives.
- Monitoring of progress toward completion of Strategic Plan Objectives.
- Ongoing review of the Committee's ROB and MOP.
- Assess the Committee's scope and operation, and suggest changes as needed.
- Attend all meetings of the Committee, except in cases of conflict with BOD meetings