Welcome to the ASHRAE Pressroom!
ASHRAE, founded in 1894, is a global society advancing human well-being through sustainable technology for the built environment. The Society and its members focus on building systems, energy efficiency, indoor air quality and sustainability within the industry. Through research, standards writing, publishing and continuing education, ASHRAE shapes tomorrow’s built environment today.
ASHRAE's areas of expertise include:
- energy efficiency
- high performance buildings
- indoor air quality
- green building design
- building codes and standards
- data center air conditioning and ventilation
- health concerns such as Legionnaire's
disease and mold growth
- guidance for a safe environment during
Manager of Public Relations
Click here to sign up for the ASHRAE media list to ensure you receive the latest news releases about advancements in the building industry.
You can also receive news releases via RSS. Click here to access the RSS feed sign-up.
ASHRAE Consumer Center
To help educate consumers about air conditioning, energy efficiency and other issues important to ASHRAE, we have created an online consumer center. The center includes information about:
Frequently asked questions
Energy efficiency in homes
Indoor Air Quality
Proper humidity levels in homes
ASHRAE Press Releases
- ASHRAE Installs New Officers, Directors
June 27, 2016
ST. LOUIS – ASHRAE has installed new officers and directors for 2016-17 at its Annual Meeting held here June 25-29.
- Outstanding Achievements Recognized at ASHRAE’s Annual Conference
June 25, 2016
ST. LOUIS — Ninety-two people were recognized by ASHRAE for their contributions to the Society and the built environment industry at the Society’s 2016 Annual Conference held here June 25-29.
- ASHRAE Announces Call for Papers for 2017 Annual Conference, June 24-28, Long Beach
June 23, 2016
ATLANTA – ASHRAE has announced a call for papers for its 2017 Annual Conference in Long Beach, Calif., June 24-28, at the Hyatt Regency Long Beach.
- ASHRAE Co-organizes International Conference on Refrigeration in Mobile Marine and Fisheries Sectors
June 21, 2016
ATLANTA -- To address the replacement of HCFC-22 refrigerant in the mobile marine sector, ASHRAE is partnering with other international organizations to organize a conference ...