TC/TRG/MTG/SSPC Important Dates and Deadlines
Strategic Plan for Research
Automatic Notification of New Research Projects Bidding
Research Projects Ready to Bid
ASHRAE is pleased to solicit proposals for 6 new research projects and 1 re-bid project. The research project titles are listed below.
In all cases, electronic proposal must be in the hands of the ASHRAE MORTS by 8 A.M. EDT, Monday, May 16, 2016 NO EXTENSIONS, NO EXCEPTIONS. The projects are scheduled to begin September 1, 2016 or later.
**Prior to preparing a proposal, please review the sample ASHRAE Research Agreement and General Conditions found on the Research page of the ASHRAE website. If your contracting officer cannot accept this Agreement, please contact us prior to bidding.
Copies of requests-for-proposal (RFPs) are linked to the title list and may be downloaded or printed from this site.
Please give this announcement wide and prompt distribution to all interested researchers within your organization..
- 1650-TRP, “Training Requirements for Sustainable, High Performance Building Operations” Sponsored by: TC. 7.3, Operation and Maintenance Management; Co-sponsored by: TC 7.6, Building Energy Performance, TC 7.8, Owning and Operating Costs and TC 2.8, Building Environmental Impacts and Sustainability.
- 1711-TRP, “Advanced Sequences of Operation for HVAC Systems – Phase II Central Plants and Hydronic Systems” Sponsored by: TC 1.4, Control Theory and Application.
- 1729-TRP, “Experimental Verification of Cooling Load Calculations for Spaces with Non-Uniform Temperature Radiant Surfaces” Sponsored by: TC 4.1, Load Calculation Data and Procedures.
- 1740-TRP, (Re-bid), “Hydrogen Fluoride Capacity of Desiccants” Sponsored by: TC 3.3, Contaminant Control in Refrigerant Systems, Co-sponsored by: TC 3.2, Refrigerant System Chemistry.
- 1741-TRP, “Understanding Fan Coil Components and How They Relate to Energy Consumption and Energy Modeling” Sponsored by: TC 5.3, Room Air Distribution; Co-sponsored by: TC 4.7, Energy Calculations & TC 7.7, Test & Balance.
- 1743-TRP, “Effect of Inlet Duct and Damper Design on ASHRAE 37/116 Fan Performance and Static Pressure Measurements” Sponsored by: TC 8.11, Unitary and Room Air Conditioners and Heat Pumps.
- 1774-TRP, “Effects of System Chemicals on the Breakdown of Lubricants and lower GWP Refrigerants” Sponsored by: TC 3.2, Refrigerant System Chemistry, Co-sponsored by: TC 3.3, Refrigerant Contaminant Control and TC 3.4, Lubrication.
Guidelines for Submitting Solicited Research Proposals
Proposal Preparation Instructions: Unsolicited Proposals
ASHRAE is currently NOT ACCEPTING unsolicited research proposals (URP) for funding consideration while we work to revamp and better clarify the intent and purpose of the URP program/process.
Research Topics in Development
The Society’s Research Implementation Plan is updated following each Society meeting and now includes links to the RTARS, Work Statements, and RFPS listed on the plan.
Research in Progress: Reporting Requirements and Forms
Progress and Financial Reports, must be made to the Society, through its Manager of Research and Technical Services in quarterly intervals; specifically on or before each January 1, April 1, June 10, and October 1 of the contract period.
Research in Progress: List of Current Abstracts
These Research Project Final Reports document the results of the research project, and are approved by the sponsoring Technical Committee. ASHRAE members have free access through the Members-Only Research Projects Final Reports site. Non-members can purchase and download individual Research Reports for $30 each through ASHRAE's Online Bookstore.
Please contact the Manager of Research and Technical Services, Mike Vaughn, at firstname.lastname@example.org if you cannot find the report you are looking for below. Additional reports are available in hardcopy form only for $30 plus shipping and handling.
The official record of research presented at ASHRAE's Annual and Winter Conferences is ASHRAE Transactions
Comprehensive reporting on original research of lasting value is published in Science and Technology for the Built Environment
, a bimonthly journal.
Free ASHRAE Research Project Final Report
Research Administration Committee
RAC Sponsored Seminars
Research Grants and Awards
Information for TCs/TGs/MTGs Sponsoring Research
Research & Technical Activities Reports
Related Research by Other Organizations